Rules and Regulations
Our rules are designed to provide harmony among residents, making Biscayne Cove a more enjoyable environment to call home!
Condominium living requires that you read and understand the association's documents and to comply with the provisions of these documents and the rules and regulations.
A member has a responsibility to use the common elements in a manner that protects, conserves and respects the rights of others to use the areas.
- A member respects the rights of other residents to the quiet enjoyment of their units.
- A member allows the association the reasonable right to enter the unit to make repairs or inspections.
- A member does not alter property that would adversely affect the safety or soundness of the common areas or other units. Members should seek approval for any modifications to their property prior to the changes and maintain their property consistent with the Community standard.
Clothes Washer & Dryer Policy
No washers and dryers are allowed to be delivered and/or installed in any individual units due to Mechanical, Fire Department and Energy Department Code violations.
- Dogs are prohibited as pets
- One cat per unit and fish aquariums allowed
- All Deliveries MUST be cleared by the Office at least (72) hours prior to the delivery date.
- Delivery hours are from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Tuesdays & Thursdays ONLY. For Saturdays a $250.00 deposit is required.
- Deliveries are limited to no more than (6) six individual items per apartment.
- There will be NO DELIVERIES permitted on Saturdays after 12:00 noon. There will be NO DELIVERIES on Sundays & Holidays. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If a resident has more than (6) six items (i.e., Furniture, Boxes, etc.) this is considered a Move. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- There will be a $50.00 charge for any damages to your door and its frame. The resident will be liable and billed for this sum. If the delivery is done on a Saturday the $50.00 charge will be deducted from the deposit.
- This line applies to Saturday Deliveries only. A deposit of $250.00 in CASH must be paid at the office prior to the delivery on Saturday. The deposit is refundable if the delivery consists of (6) six items or less. For deliveries of (7) seven or more items and if the delivery goes past 12 noon, the deposit will not be refunded.
- CAR DELIVERIES: All car transport vehicles (trailers, trucks) are not allowed on Biscayne Cove Condominium property. All vehicles need to be unloaded on 31st Court.
All contractors/subcontractors working in units must be licensed, when required, and must have liability and workers compensation insurance.
Contractors and subcontractors not licensed and/or insured are not permitted to work in the building. A copy of the contractor's license and Certificate of Insurance should be requested by the unit owner or his/her tenant (hereinafter referred to as resident(s)) for the resident's protection with copies furnished to the Building Manager in order to work in the building.
All contractors and subcontractors that have supplied Management with copies of the current licenses and certificates of insurance will be permitted access to perform work for residents. A list of said contractors will be available in the Management office for the resident's convenience.
If a resident contracts for services with an unlicensed and uninsured contractor, the resident will have no protection against claims for property damages and/or personal injury arising in connection with the performance of the work.
A resident requesting an employee of the Association to provide private services after hours or otherwise on the employee's "own time," is required to sign a waiver in favor of the Association. This shall serve as NOTICE to the residents that these employees are not insured for such services by the Association and the owner acknowledges and accepts full responsibility for same.
- Residents must notify the office of work being done in their units.
- Contractors cannot enter the building without signing in or having authorization from the office. They must leave their license ID with Security until they are ready to leave the property.
- No resident is allowed to give a key fob to a contractor.
- Contractors must obey the Unit Modifications/Alterations Policy.
- Contractors must use the service elevator to move tools and marterials Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
- Contractors are not allowed to throw construction debris, toilets and other large items through the trash chute.
- Garbage may not be left behind by contractors in the recycling area and in back of the buildings.
- Modifications and alterations must have prior authorization and approval of the Condominium Manager.
- All modifications and alterations, including construction deliveries require a $250.00 deposit (checks accepted) to cover damages or cleanup required for the common areas due to the construction work.
- There is a fee of $100 (cash) for water riser shut-off. We require a 48-hour notice in order to give advance warning to other units affected. We need to know the date and time the water is to be shut off and what area(s) of the unit will be shut down or if it includes the entire unit.
- All contractors must be licensed and insured and must provide the management office with a copy of all appropriate city/county building permits before starting any work and before any deliveries will be accepted.
- A copy of the company’s occupational license is required as well as a copy of their Certificate of Liability. Biscayne Cove Condominium must appear as the certificate holder. Documents as well as cover sheet from the company must show the unit number and the owner’s last name.
Send documents to the attention of Ida:
- phone: (305) 935-4565
- toll-free: (888) 510-4252
- fax: (305) 933-5833
- Contractors are allowed to work inside the unit Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
- Contractors and/or residents are allowed to carry construction materials and/or construction equipment, tiles, carpet, or similar products ONLY from the loading zone and any damage to the common areas will be deducted from the $250 deposit.
- All materials and equipment must be removed from the building Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm otherwise they have to be left inside the unit until the next business day. This applies to anyone doing work inside the unit, including owners.
- A permit from the City of Aventura is required for the following:
- All electrical work (copy of plans required)
- A/C unit replacement
- Plumbing (copy of plans required)
- Hurricane shutters - $1,000 deposit mandatory for shutters (copy of plans required)
- Installation of hard flooring - wood, tiles, marble, etc. (hard flooring policy required)
- General contractor (copy of plans required)
- Front door replacement - minimum fire rating of 3/4 of an hour required
- Balcony work - must provide a watertight coating on the balcony floor slab and edge areas with approved materials
- Permits are not required for installation of carpet or painting
- The maintenance engineer MUST be consulted before installation of soundproofing begins AND must check all soundproofing installed before work or the floor begins.